Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vivian Girls has a new drummer.

So Vivian Girls has a new drummer. The link is to a Brooklyn Vegan post and, you're never going to believe this, but the comments thread is full of hate and fat jokes. I try not to read too many comments anywhere, but when I do get sucked in over at BV, I'm always impressed by how consistent the tone is. If I'm there, it's usually because I'm reading up on a female artist. But I should probably do it anytime I start wondering if maybe we've all moved beyond the point of needing publications like Bust to cover pop culture like white on rice. We haven't.

Whatevs. Meet Fiona:

1 comment:

XYX said...

...And they say feminism is no longer necessary. Reminds me of same kind of cosmetic criticism the press and individuals were giving Elena Kagan.