Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Have an Awesome Day!

I haven't posted in, like, a week or something because of all kinds of nonsense. Thanks to Joie for holding it down. It hasn't been all bad though. Partly, I've been writing a bit for the venerable Stomp and Stammer. Basically, I got buried under good music again. The Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt being one of my favorites. Except for the part where reviewing their forthcoming album I Love You! I Love You! I Love You and I'm in Love with You! Have an Awesome Day! Have the Best Day of Your Life! gave me a petit mal seizure. Here is a video of this band singing to some sheep:


4 comments:

jamie said...

"Basically, I got buried under good music again."

I would like to propose some sort of get-together, over the summer when I'm in NYC maybe, where we put this on t-shirts.

Unknown said...

I'm stoked on this idea. We must use the Book of Faces. (Also, my email is on my profile. I couldn't find yours.)

jamie said...

!!! Did you get Book of the Faces from The Shondes? I saw them in January, and Louisa definitely did an impersonation of her Jewish grandma saying "Book of the faces, what is this?!" And yes: since then, I say it frequently myself. And I get weird looks.

(Using your e-mail address to add you on fb RIGHT NOW!)

Unknown said...

Hey, oddly, I didn't get it from The Shondes. My human interactions with the band has consisted of yelling song requests at them and haggling at the merch table. (I am not the smoothest of social animals.)

But maybe whoever I got it from got it from them. It wouldn't surprise me.