Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tragedy! Bad Idea Pot Luck Review of Fashion

The incomparable Anna Sui makes an affordable clothing line for Target, only to ruin everything with a dumb Gossip Girl TV tie-in. Was this really necessary? What was the thinking on this? I know television is going through some kind of huge cultural renaissance and all that. Maybe if I wasn't determinedly sleeping through it this would make more sense to me. All I see is a brilliant opportunity squandered.

I was in Target today, so I can inform you that the clothes are totally wearable and appear to be getting snapped up. I just don't think I can go there. I'd feel like I was in elementary school again trying to look like Clarissa from Clarissa Explains it All. It's back to the sewing machine for me.

No comments: