Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Personal and the Pizzas


I really meant to try to take a picture during the Personal and the Pizzas show last night at the EARL but then I forgot. So I'm going to go with this picture of Iggy Pop eating pizza, which you could purchase in pin-form from the band. They are three greasy dudes with a pizza/chain whipping fetish. (You could also purchase a chain from them for $100.) Their show was kind of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon version of a garage band complete with goofy Fonzie accents.

Their best song is called "You=Beat Up." They claimed they couldn't play it and then they did just fine. Their second best song is called "I Can Read." I found that one very personally moving. Check it out on Myspace: www.myspace.com/personalandthepizzas

They are also nice and one even selflessly advised me that, if I had to choose between merch and beer, I should choose beer. I think he was the one who kind of looks like the crazy scientist from Repo Man. Hope they come back soon.

2 comments:

7inchatlanta said...

I'm sad I had to miss this. How was The Coconut Coolouts?

beverly said...

Hmm. It was interesting. And fun in some parts.