Thursday, December 20, 2012

Oh, Thank God. New Circle Takes the Square Tomorrow


I have been carrying a torch for the post-hardcore band Circle Takes the Square since I lived in Las Vegas, like, between eight and seven years ago when they played there repeatedly and not many other bands did. I really hope no one ever finds the things I wrote about them back then. Their first album As the Roots Undo was harsh and beautiful and metal and mathy. It pointed to a kind of American mysticism that was basically already where my head was at. It is highly recommended to fans of Wolves in the Throne Room.

I have also been waiting since that time for CTTS to justify my love and put out another full-length and, holy crap, it's almost here.

Starting tomorrow, you can download their full-length Decompositions - Volume I from bandcamp on a pay-what-you-wish basis until pre-orders for physical copies become available in January.The EP Decompositions - Volume I Chapter 1 Rites of Initiation has been out for a few months and it's totally the fix I've been waiting for. They're screaming big words that get tangled in their weird screamo briar maze. I am totally lost in the maze and it is awesome. These people are fucking beautiful. But for real though, tomorrow they're handing over the whole thing. I have a feeling it will have been worth the wait.

No comments: