Saturday, July 30, 2011

Beer of July: My Wort



Before July passes away, let me at least tell you about the beer of July. This month we're going with one that I haven't tasted because I can't yet. I'm not even sure it's real. But how can I resist posting when two of this blog's favorite subjects cross paths so spectacularly? Burnt Hickory Brewery in Kennesaw, Georgia is scheduled to open in November and offer a line of beers inspired by some fairly obscure '80s hardcore bands. Black Flag is not obscure, but I'm going with My Wort because working in media has given me a taste for puns. (Heh heh.)

It reminds me of the punk rock foodstuffs that occasionally featured in the Web comic Nothing Nice To Say. Except this might be real. It also might be more clever.

What's amazing is that all the beers sound delicious. They have a black plum lambic inspired by Void!


Via Transition Desert.

No comments: