Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year


I turned 29 on the 29th of December. Last night a girl told me that meant this was my "golden year" and that this means fabulous things would happen this year. I'm skeptical and yet intrigued. Has anyone heard about this? Has anyone reading turned the same age as their birth date yet? Was that year, indeed, awesome? Thinking about it now, this whole golden year thing would be a real bum out to anyone born in, say, the first week of their birth month. Like: "Yeah, man, being four was the greatest. I stopped wetting the bed."

2 comments:

Sara Michelle said...

I had my golden birthday back when I was twenty. I wish I could say it was more eventful than any other year, but that wasn't the case. That doesn't mean you can't make yours fantastic!

Keri Contrary said...

I guess I turned 1 on the 1st of November once. I'm sure it was awesome. She's probably right.