Friday, July 10, 2009

Pet Cemetery







I'm cynical at all the wrong times. Like when people treat their pets like children and pay a lot of money to see them interred. But I think I might have been moved by the pet cemetery in the Presidio in San Francisco. There was something about standing on ground where the flowers had obviously been watered by the tears of children. And grown ups. The Presidio was a military base and so these were mostly army pets. But I got the feeling that if there was a time in the lives of Presidio army brats where you learned that crying showed unforgivable weakness it wasn't at Cindy Pooper's funeral. Plus, look at these headstones. If I get a headstone it will not be this cool. These are not even all the ones I wanted to post. Go to the pet cemetery.

No comments: