Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Greasearch


I've been studying up on some of Atlanta's most famous eateries. Every time I tell people that I think I've come to the end of my project, someone has a new one for me. I don't really eat meat so poor Sean has acted as a proxy stomach for much of this investigation.
At this point I don't think either of us ever wants to see a frying pan again.

We have been so dedicated that we even waited for hours at Ann's Snack Bar to sample the Ghetto Burger. This behemoth is not just the stuff of local legend, it was also made famous by an article in the Wall Street Journal. So I had to know. Yes, I took a couple of bites. I might have taken more but that was all I could handle, what with two patties and the deep fried bacon. But it was good. Sort of like if Burger King was actually incredibly delicious.

But it's hard to tell if it's worth the wait. You would have to get a control group who didn't wait for two to three hours to get their Ghetto Burger and ask them if it is incredibly delicious.

The other thing Ann is famous for is not being very nice to people who don't wait until it is their turn to come in from the patio to the counter area to get their burger or hot dog. As for that, don't believe the hype.

No comments: